UrbanPiper provides a seamless integration with Foodics for real time order relay, order status update, menu automation as well as inventory status control for aggregators like Zomato, Deliveroo, Talabat, NoonFood etc. This drives brands using Foodics towards operational excellence with control on a single dashboard for all aggregators that the brands are powering their business through. This would also ensure proper data flow and reconciliation of orders from the aggregators.
You can reach UrbanPiper at:
Business Configuration in Foodics
For the integration to work properly, you must follow the below mentioned steps:
- Create a Menu Group for the integration and name it
UrbanPipermake sure that entities within the menu group follow the same sorting you would like to show on your UrbanPiper aggregators menu. (Make sure to change the default sorting of the group by moving at least 1 menu entity using the
Sort Groupbutton after creating the group)
- Create a charge of type
Amountto be used in delivery type orders and share its name with UrbanPiper team.
- If you have
more than one taxassigned to entities (products & modifier options) included in the UrbanPiper menu group make sure your business account is following
Tax Inclusivepricing method.
- Make sure to
Enable Localizationand fill out localized names and descriptions for all menu entities within the created menu group. To enable localization From Foodics console navigate to Manage --> More > Settings --> Mark the option
- Branch Location information is to be set from UrbanPiper's portal.
- Create a Tag for each aggregator your UrbanPiper's account is connected with following the naming scheme
urbanpiper - aggregator. make sure to copy and paste the tag name as shown here and change the aggregator's name accordingly all small caps rule should apply.
- In order to tag products as veg, non-veg or egg, the merchant is expected to create Product Tags with the exact names
egg. These tags can then be associated to the respective products so as to mark the food type. If there is none of the above product tag associated to any of the products, the food type that would get configured on UrbanPiper would be NA (not applicable).
Enabling The Integration
To enable the integration for a fresh or expand the existing integration to more stores, please send an email to your On boarding/Account Manager. In case you do not have any On boarding/Account manager assigned, please send an email to email@example.com.
Your account manager would then get in touch with you to review the prerequisites for enabling the integration. Once all the requirements are in place, your On boarding Manager would help you integrate the outlets with the aggregators and Foodics and will share a unique username & password to be used in the following steps.
If you don't have an UrbanPiper account you can signup through https://www.urbanpiper.com/contact.
Follow the below steps to activate the integration
- Log in to your Foodics console at console.foodics.com/login using the owner email, If you logged in with non owner user, you will not be able to activate the integration
- Navigate to Marketplace page --> Search for
UrbanPiperunder Food Aggregator category --> Click
- You will be directed to UrbanPiper on boarding page where you should use the username and password shared by your UrbanPiper account manager.
- Foodics will ask you to Authorize UrbanPiper to access your Foodics Account, click
Authorize UrbanPiper To Access My Accountto Proceed.
- You have successfully enabled the integration.
Menu sync is done automatically at the end of each business day except for entities marked
out of stock which will reflect automatically.
Using The Integration
If the aggregator's have a security rule regarding customer information then orders coming through UrbanPiper will be assigned to a default customer created through the API named
UrbanPiper where the customer's actual phone number will be shown in the receipt notes otherwise real cusstomer will be assigned to the order.
All UrbanPiper paid orders will be paid using a payment method created through the API named
All activation levels for menu in Foodics are supported (global, branch & group activation)
Orders received in Foodics are to be cancelled manually through UrbanPiper's portal if voided from Foodics and vise versa.
How to Receive UrbanPiper Orders in Foodics Cashier
UrbanPiper Orders will be received as explained in the Accept Online Orders Article.
Q1: UrbanPiper is sending orders to my restaurant but I'm not receiving them in Foodics cashier application
A: Please check the below points
1- Sign in to your Foodics account at console.foodics.com/login, then go to Orders Page. This page will show you all API orders that are in Pending status
2- Is there any pending orders from UrbanPiper?
- Make sure you have implemented all needed steps to receive online order as explained in the Accept Online Orders Article
- In the cashier app, click
- Ask Swift Order to send new orders to test, orders should be received in the cashier
- There is an issue at UrbanPiper's side in sending orders to your Foodics account. Please communicate with UrbanPiper and inform them that there are no orders created from UrbanPiper in your Foodics account.