Drawer operations are used when the user needs to deposit/withdraw cash from the drawer. Or when the user wants to open the drawer for any defined reason.
Drawer Operation Types
- Pay In: Is used for depositing money to the drawer for any reason other than sales.
- Pay Out: This is used when withdrawing money from the drawer in order to purchase something an example will be paying off a vendor.
- Cash Drop: This is used to withdraw cash from the drawer for example when it is full.
- Open Drawer: It is used to open the cash drawer for any reason other than adding payments from sales or returnig money to customers.
Note: Reasons can be customized from the console.
How to Make a Drawer Operation
In order to create a drawer operation make sure that you have an open till
- Tap on Home button on the bottom of the register page on the cashier app.
- Tap on Drawer Operations.
- Tap on
**+**on the top right of the drawer operations screen.
- Select the type of the operation.
- Enter the amount of the operation if applicable.
- Select the reason.
- Tap on Save.
Note: Reasons are mandatory for the drawer operation