Foodics Cashier supports adding printers to automatically print order details for the kitchen.
Make sure you have a supported printer model from this list here to use with your Foodics Cashier.
Both the printer and the iPad running Foodics Cashier need to be connected to the same network in order to communicate successfully. Make sure your iPad is connected by Wi-Fi to the same router/modem that is connected to the printer, otherwise you will get an error.
Depending on the printer model, you can connect it to the network using Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
Once your printer is connected to the network, please note down the printer's IP address, you will need it for the configuration.
Tip: If you don't know the IP address of the printer: press on the reset button behind the printer for a few seconds, then a paper with the IP will be printed out.
Ready to add the printer
To add a printer to your Foodics Cashier: open your Foodics Cashier application and login with your owner pin, or a user that has the authority to manage devices.
Click on Home button at the bottom.
Click on Devices.
Click on Printer.
Fill the following:
- Model: Choose the model of your printer from the supported models.
- Type: Choose Kitchen.
- Name: Enter the name for the printer. (e.g. Kitchen 1)
- IP Address: Enter the printer's IP Address (e.g. 192.168.8.20)
- Number of Copies: Enter the number of copies to be printed for each order.
- Enabled Order Types: Select the Order Types that this printer will print in the kitchen (e.g. Delivery Only).
To check if the printer is connected successfully click on Ping.
Finally, Click on the
Productsthen choose which products are sent to this printer. By default no products are selected.