Adding the photo carousel of sliders/banners at the top of your apps, which slide every 5 seconds. You can use them for promotional or appetizing images to get your customers’ attention.
FO Portal > In-App Content > Sliding Banners
Step 1: Creating a Banner Set
1. Click In-App Content.
2. Click Sliding banners.
3. Click New Banner Set
A pop-up window will appear with the following fields:
4. Enter ‘Banner Set Name’.
5. Click ‘Save’.
6. Click the ‘Add’ banner’ to add a new banner.
7. A popup window will appear with the following fields:
- Select a banner image from your device by clicking ‘Browse’; or
- Change the ‘Image Type’ to paste an image URL.
- Untick ‘Apply the Same Image to Both Languages’ to different images for each language (optional).
8. Using ‘Advanced Settings’ to link the banners to one of the following (optional):
- Categories: Change ‘Link this banner to’ to ‘Category’, select the menu then the category you would like to link.
- Items (Products): Change ‘Link this banner to’ to ‘Item’ select the menu then the category you would like to link.
- URL (external website): Change ‘Link this banner to’ to URL and paste the ‘URL’
Using ‘Advanced Settings’ to rearrange banners (optional):
- Click the ‘Advanced Settings’ dropdown.
- Set the number for the ‘Display Order’; the smallest numbers will appear first (eg, the item with the display order 1 will appear first and 2 will be second, etc.).
9. Click ‘Save’.
Banner image recommendations:
- Supported formats: GIF, PNG, JPEG, and JPG.
- Recommended size: Less than 2 MB to optimize performance.
Step 2: Showing Banners in Apps
FO Portal > Apps
1. Click ‘Dashboard’.
2. Select the option ‘Apps’.
3. Click ‘View App’.
A popup window will appear with the following fields:
4. Click the tab ‘App Details’.
5. Select ‘Banner Set’.
6. Click ‘Save’.
You can select which banner to show your customers in the "App Details" tab of each app.
By clicking on the banner, you can edit it.
You can delete a banner by clicking on it, then scrolling down and clicking on 'Delete'.
Congratulations! You have completed the creation of your banner set and know how to edit it!